Configuration Management - SACM
ITIL previously highlighted the CMDB and its relationship to all of the ITIL processes. ITIL now recommends that Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) be supported by a Configuration Management System (CMS), which is made up of many physical CMDBs integrated by the Federated CMDB.
This interactive session will cut through the clutter to discuss the real intent and value of the CMDB. We will begin with an overview of what ITIL has to say, and then present a practical approach to Configuration Management and the CMDB.
This high-energy workshop is filled with practical guidance, templates, quick wins, and tricks for successfully implementing ITIL best-practice methodologies for Configuration Management.
- Understand the purpose/goal/ objective of Configuration Management
- Understand the value Configuration Management brings to your business or organization
- Understand key concepts such as Configuration Items, Scope, Level, Attributes, and the difference between Asset Management, Inventory Management, and Configuration Management
- Identify and define key roles and responsibilities
- Understand key activities
- Define Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- Identify benefits, possible problems, and costs of Configuration Management
- Configuration Management and its relationship to other ITIL processes
- A brief discussion on tools that support Configuration Management
- Top considerations to implementing
- Top 10 things to avoid