While Incident Management is focused on “fixing it fast”, Problem Management is focused on determining the root cause, identifying temporary workarounds, and applying permanent fixes so that incidents don’t happen again. Additionally, Problem Management uses trending data from Incident and Event Management to identify potential failures and correct issues before the customer is impacted, i.e. - “The incident that never happened!”
This high-energy workshop is filled with practical guidance, templates, quick wins, and tips for successfully implementing ITIL best-practice methodologies for Problem Management.
What you will learn
- Reactive Problem Management (root cause analysis and resolution)
- Proactive Problem Management (trending analysis from incidents and events)
- How Problem Management integrates with Event, Incident, Knowledge and Change Management (process swim lanes, inputs and outputs)
- Proven methodologies for investigating Major Problems
- How to select and use the appropriate root cause analysis technique
- Relationships between Knowledge Management, Known Errors, and Workarounds
- Success factors and metrics for Problem Management
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for individuals who are working or are planning to work within problem management, whether in a technical, managerial, or operational role.
Problem Management: A Practical Guide
Propoint Recommendation – Written by authors who are recognized experts in problem management, this publication goes beyond existing process theory and supplements the HDI® Problem Management Professional Certification by including step by step easy to understand examples, real-life scenarios and personal experiences to keep the reader engaged from cover to cover. The process templates, tables, and reports included in the appendix will enable readers to more quickly establish and mature problem management within their organization. (193 pages)
Read the publication leaflet and book details. Purchase your copy today!